Guido Fawkes (Anonymous)SPES, the deity of hope & prosperity. Now, the newest, smallest & first ever build your own UK Political Party. Time for change in the UK, a revolution.

1) Stop the wealthy corporate and individual tax dodgers. It is easy, but the Tories, Labour and Lib Dems refuse because they and their backers dodge UK taxes too.

2) Bye bye unelected upper house (Lords) & monarch. The Queen / her progeny can be ceremonial heads of state / ambassadors & stand for election as president if they want.

3) Get rid of the class and present honours system. You are not inferior to others, nor others to you. The class system breeds nothing but bad attitude amongst us all.

4) Stop spending billions on elitist / wannabe empire projects. Put the money into the NHS, schools, universities, social care, leisure, emergency services, defence (but not aggression).

5) Abolish lower income taxes & TV licenses. Have a true luxury rate VAT. Tax money & job exports. Tax pollution. Double tax dodgers. Privatize Westminster, Whitehall & Royal Estates.

6) Reform the electoral system (a win win option does exist). Return fraudulently acquired own to rent properties to the housing market. Double the rates for empty residential property.

7) Incentivize businesses, especially those that export & contribute to tomorrow. Reform welfare, prisons, foreign policy. Make Britain Great again. or Create an Account

Poll: Should newspapers carry "health" warnings?
This poll is closed.
Yes
100.00%
1 100.00%
No
0%
0 0%
Total 1 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

UK Newspaper Nonsense
26-02-2017, 08:17 AM,
UK Newspaper Nonsense
I absolutely, 110% support a free and independent media / press, including the right to freedom of speech in all its forms. I also recognize the right of every citizen to read whatever total newspaper garbage they choose to, as long as it does not break the law. I consider myself discerning and able to tell the difference between a level minded newspaper and a political or other rag / magazine masquerading as one. There are newspapers I would not personally read / get past the front page, because of the subject matter (Princess Diana 20 years on and counting, footballer and model sex revelations, soap opera actors being interviewed as if they were Nobel Award recipients). But, the problem for me comes from the fact a) newspapers (and TV channels) too often have an understated political / commercial agenda, b) do not carry health warnings like other consumer items.

What I mean by newspaper health warnings is a prominent declaration on the front page that reveals a) their political bias and b) their score regarding upheld Press Complaints Commission rulings (BS and lawfulness meters). Just like items at a supermarket, I want to see a box, preferably under the newspaper's name at the top of page one, with this information displayed. I do not consider it enough for a single apology to be published somewhere each time a newspaper does wrong. If people want to buy and read BS, that is up to them, but they should know that they are likely being fed an editorial diet of verbal diarrhoea, so they can be titilated but not mislead.

I also really hate newspapers that cite biased half truth statements by political lobbyist organizations (so called "think tanks") masquerading as legitimate analysis and fact. In my book, if a newspaper makes a claim about such a statement, it needs to fully qualify in the very same article what that "think tank" actually is.

Wrong
Recent analysis published in a report by respected think tank BS Britain shows that 50% of police surveyed EU immigrants have criminal records in their home country.

Correct
Recent claims by the right wing lobbyists BS Britain, chaired by National Front Chairman Ivor Biggun, suggests that 50% of EU immigrants arrested and charges while in the UK also have misdemeanour / bad credit histories or even criminal convictions in their home country.

Think it does not happen? I can assure you it does.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.